Monday, July 22, 2013

Hexagons!

I've finally managed to get all my hexagons joined together into one pretty big blanket :-)  Since I've been making these things for actual years, so it is great to actually see it as a usable single thing!  I sewed them into long rows of twelve first using a double crochet seam, then joined the strips together to make a big 12 by 12 square. My only problem is that I still have quite a lot more wool left as I originally planned it to be big enough for a double bed.... It would be easy to add more hexagons I'm just not sure I can face having to make more! So I think I'll do some different shapes and projects first and then maybe return to this when i have dehexagoned my brain!

Pretty big!
The white wool long seams running vertically.
All folded

No comments: